Introduction to TypeScript
In this introductory lesson on Typescript we provide a quick overview of what Typescript is, why you should learn this powerful language, the difficulty of learning Typescript and some prerequisites for this tutorial course.
Here's a table of contents of what you'll learn in this lesson:
(click on a link to skip to its section)
Let's jump right in.
List of Tutorials
If you're new to TypeScript, or programming in general, start from the beginning.
What is Typescript
Why learn Typescript
- TypeScript is simple, fast, and easy to learn.
- TypeScript is statically typed, therefore code written in TypeScript is more predictable, and is generally easier to debug.
- TypeScript supports OOP features like classes, inheritance, interfaces, generics etc.
- TypeScript provides compile time error-checking.
- TypeScript tooling provides autocompletion, type checking and source code documentation.
Is Typescript hard to learn
Before we proceed, please note that we make the following assumptions:
- You know how to install software on whichever operating system you use.
- You can create and navigate directories and files on your computer.
While this tutorial course is for beginners with no knowledge of TypeScript or programming in general, programmers coming from other languages that want to learn TypeScript may also find it very helpful.
This tutorial course covers many topics of programming in TypeScript, ranging from beginner concepts to advanced.